Our Responsible Tanning Commitment
At Kwik Tan, we pride ourselves on being a professional tanning salon.
Your safety is our number one priority, so we only hire the best and most knowledgeable staff. We give them the best training on UV tanning, so you can trust in their expertise.
Members of The Sunbed Association
We’re proud to say that we’re a member of The Sunbed Association. This is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting responsible tanning. As a member, we’re committed to delivering an excellent, informed service to all our customers.
To join, we have to prove that we have compliant tanning practices. This includes 0.3-compliant sunbed tubes, and proof of the measures we have in place to safeguard our customers. That means you can trust our commitment to responsible tanning.
- The sunbed code and HSE guidance
- Sunbed protocols, which includes following compliant tanning bed procedure
- Tanning risk assessments
- Providing a comprehensive tanning guide
- The 0.3 regulation.
Your guide to the perfect tan
- Stick to your recommended exposure time – our friendly experts will give you that
- Wear your eye protectors while in the sunbed
- Drink plenty of water before tanning to keep yourself hydrated
- Build up your sessions gradually – some parts of your body that are less exposed will require shorter sessions at first
- Remove your jewellery before getting in the sunbed
- Use our sanitiser to wipe down your sunbed before and after use.
- Stand in the centre of the tanning bed with your arms on the hand straps above you (if using a vertical unit)
- Use a tanning lotion to enhance your tan and keep your skin moisturised – our experts can recommend the best one for your needs
- Wait at least 24 hours before your next session or before spending time in the sun.
- Try to use our sunbeds if you’re under 18 – we’ll ask for ID if you look under 25 (take it as a compliment!)
- Use a sunbed if you’re pregnant
- Use a sunbed if you have a lot of moles, or you have family members who’ve had skin cancer
- Use an oil – these can be dangerous to you and our sunbeds. Use a tanning lotions instead
- Tan if you’re a skin type one (light-skinned and burn easily)
- Overuse our sunbeds – our lovely staff will be able to tell you how often you can tan and how long for.
If you haven’t heard of 0.3, we’re here to tell you what it is, why it’s important, and how it’s the best way to get your perfect tan!
0.3 refers to the regulation on the maximum UV output of sunbeds. It’s approved by the EU and complies with all British and European safety regulations. Tanning using 0.3-compliant sunbed tubes gives you the same tanning results as the Mediterranean summer sun at midday.
- It’s much kinder to your skin
- The safe level of UV light effectively eliminates the risk of over-exposure or burning
- It gives you a deeper, longer-lasting tan!
A lot of people associate the redness of sunburn as the start of a tan, but that’s not true. Red, sunburnt skin is sore and inflamed, and can actually prevent you from getting a tan. Our sunbeds provide you with the right exposure levels and times to make sure you’re getting tanned, not burnt.
Our sunbeds use hybrid tanning technology, which combines UV light with red light therapy. Our UV lights are 0.3-compliant and use controlled levels of UVA and UVB rays for an exceptional tan.
The rubino lamps in our sunbeds deliver red light therapy, which intensifies tanning results as it helps with melanin production – your skin’s pigment.
Red light therapy also comes with some amazing health and beauty benefits, including:
- Improved circulation
- Better joint health
- Reduced pain from conditions including arthritis
- Reducing symptoms from skin conditions including psoriasis
- Boosts the production of collagen – key for youthful skin
Protection against free radical damage, which can harm skin cells.
Medical conditions and medicines that might affect your ability to use a sunbed
- Recent surgery
- A history of sunburn, especially in childhood
- A medical condition that can be made worse with sunlight
- Medication such as antibiotics, blood pressure medication, some contraceptive pills or anti-depressants, analgesics, diuretics, antimalarials, psoralens, or eosin
- Heart conditions or high blood pressure
- Conditions that can cause seizures, such as epilepsy.
If any of the above applies to you, our friendly and helpful staff will be able to discuss whether it’s suitable for you to use our sunbeds.
Our tanning products
Karat Hybrid Sunbed Cream
Karat Hybrid Sunbed Cream£3.00 – £25.00 View Product
Karat Original Tanning Butter
Karat Original Tanning Butter£2.70 – £21.00 View Product
H.I.M Fit Tanning Lotion
H.I.M Fit Tanning Lotion£3.30 – £23.00 View Product
Australian Gold Rapid Tan Intensifier
Australian Gold Rapid Tan Intensifier£3.20 – £23.00 View Product